Home Consular services Criminal record
1. Obtain an extract from the Belgian criminal record
You need to send an email to the Federal Public Service Justice (available in French or Dutch), Central Criminal Records Office: email@example.com in person.
Please specify the following particulars in your request:
- your name and first name(s);
- your address;
- your date and place of birth;
- the reason for your request.
You can also attach a copy of your identity card or passport.
The extract from the criminal record is issued free of charge.
2. Obtain an extract from the criminal record for a period of time during which you resided abroad
You must contact directly the authorities of the country concerned.
Some foreign authorities might charge a fee for drawing up that document.